Friday, April 26, 2013

The Jodi Arias Case

WARNING- THIS MAY BE TOO GRAPHIC FOR SOME READERS. I will try to soften it as much as I can. I am a mystery buff. I was introduced to Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot at an early age by my grandmother. She loved Agatha Christie! So I did too. Sherlock Holmes I found on my own when I was about twelve. I just read (for the umpteenth time) a compilation of his works. I started reading about real life murders in my teens. I have been especially fascinated with serial killers. It’s my guilty little secret.


When we were still married my ex used to tell me I was trying to find a way to kill him and get away with it. He meant it. To which I would reply “No, dear, I’m suicidal. I’m trying to find a way to kill myself and make it look like you did it.” I didn’t mean it… not all the time, anyway.

So I’m kinda sorta following the Jodi Arias trial, as much as one can with no TV and a busy spring schedule. Watched a few testimonies, read some articles, looked up some things but nothing has really explained exactly what happened. Not to my satisfaction. I probably should declare that I believe her to be guilty. That wasn’t really any doubt for me after a few days of research.

What I really wanted to know was how it happened. Travis was bigger and stronger. How was it that he couldn’t defend himself? Did he not want to hurt her? Why didn’t he run out of the house? These were the questions running through my head?

Last night, I decided to figure it out myself. I started with autopsy photos, went on to crime scene photos, pored over testimony and did it all again. It was not making much sense until I found out that between the time Jodi was taking pictures of Travis in the shower and the time the camera accidently took a picture of Travis on the floor by her feet was 62 seconds. He didn’t have time to overpower her or run away. I started all over again and here is what happened according to me.

He did try to defend himself. The deep cuts on his hands prove that. Cuts all over his body seem to tell the story of him running away while being chased as does the blood evidence I witnessed in all the crime scene photos. He obviously ran from the shower where the attack began and down the hall to his bedroom. Here is where speculation and knowing human nature comes into play. I think he tried to close the bedroom door to block her. She was too close. As he turned to close and lock the door he once more presented his front to her. She stabbed something vital (it might have been the heart stab they found) and he went down. I think that’s when she slit his throat. The carpet behind the door had the highest concentration of blood. At that point, she retrieved the gun she had brought with her and shot him. The gun shell was found just outside the door in a pool of dried blood. The whole thing probably didn’t take five minutes.

Here is where the absolute cold blooded killer part shows up for me. While she took a series of pictures of him in the shower she knew she was going to kill him. She had to have the knife right there with her. Nothing else fits the time frame. She knew she was taking the last pictures ever of a living Travis. How cold is that?

And why did she drag his dead body back to the bathroom and shove it in to the shower stall? That had to have taken an enormous amount of physical effort on her part. What was the point of that? And talk about cold blooded. UGH! We will probably never know the answer to that one. Only Jodi herself knows that and she’s not talking. That’s the view from my side of the street, what’s yours?



No comments:

Post a Comment