Monday, January 17, 2011

Who took the TP from the TP roll?

OK, somebody please tell me why I am the only one in the house that appears to be qualified to put toilet paper on the holder? Does it require special knowledge? Does it require special training? Does it require a stinking degree- pun intended?
I have always made sure that there is an ample supply of toilet paper usually within reach of the toilet. I have lectured endlessly on the benefits of replacing an empty TP roll especially for the next person to need it. I have even reminded those concerned of the enjoyment we have experienced by using the empty cardboard tubes for dozens of things.
When my large family was all living at home, I thought that maybe it was too easy to create plausible deniability. “Don’t know, wasn’t me!” works very well in large groups. It is rather hard to narrow the field down and actually catch the culprit.
This doesn’t work as well in small numbers but it is still the old standby. When asking the above “expert” question of my husband this week, he replied, “I don’t know. I’m at work all week. It wasn’t me!” It’s OUR OWN bathroom! No one else uses it! Does he really think he can pin it on me? Apparently so.
My youngest daughter will not use TP rather than replace the roll. At a visit to one of my son’s, he came out of the bathroom she had just used and declared that she had forgotten to flush (she had pooped). He said, “I’m not sure what bothers me most- the fact that she didn’t flush or the fact that there was no TP in the bowl!”
I used to think this was just a family affliction. Not so! When I had my cleaning business I had two single clients that never replaced the TP roll. Each one would get the new roll out to use but NEVER put it on the holder. One was a male doctor in his 60’s. The other was a female postal worker in her 40’s. That blew any of my gender, age, education theories out of the water! I finally asked the woman why. She really didn’t know.
So, if anyone out there knows of some government or university study that explains this phenomenon. Please let me know. I’m sure there is some significant motivation behind the action or more accurately the lack of action but until I learn differently I’ll continue to suspect laziness and selfishness. That’s the view from my side of the street, what’s yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment