Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Here we go again!

Oh, help!!My sixteen year old daughter has her permit to drive. We went driving for the first time yesterday. On our way to the marina park to pick up her sister she had to bear left, go downhill and make a sharp turn all at the same time. When she did it, she said with a sigh, “That was the scariest thing I ever had to do!!” Me, too!!!!!
I don’t know what it is about girls and driving. I have taught three sons and several of their friends to drive. It didn’t bother me. I actually thought it was fun. Do boys get driving quicker? Or do they just act like they do which instills a little more confidence in the accompanying adult?
Maybe it’s just a mother/daughter kind of thing but I have a lot harder time with teaching my girls to drive. I tried for a day to teach my oldest daughter to drive a stick shift. I quit! My husband took over and did just fine.
So far, she has forgotten to put the car in park before turning it off. She forgot to take it out of park to go ahead. She failed to stop and look both ways before pulling out into a road. She has driven on the left side of the road. She panicked when I was giving her instructions she didn’t understand and let the car just wander into the intersection. This was all in the first hour!
She keeps saying, “Oops.” Really?... Oops?.....I think that I better stock up on hair coloring. I’m pretty sure I’ll need it when this time around is over. Does the government give any kind of valor medals for this? They should.
That’s the view from my side of the street, what’s yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment