Monday, June 13, 2011

I'm Baaaack!!!

I’m baaack!!!! After a three week hiatus, I’m ready to pick up the gauntlet and charge on. I had a severe case of what I call “battle fatigue”. I had sat down on the Monday morning after the end of the world was supposed to happen with a funny story about that subject. But that same weekend had brought the tornado devastation in the mid-west.
As I was writing about the end of the world which never came, all I could think of was – it was the end of the world for the towns annihilated by tornadoes. It was the end of the world for the Japanese. It was the end of the world for victims of abuse, violence, theft, addictions, and for so many living in this imperfect world. Who was I to make a joke about such pain? I have felt that pain myself.
I let myself become overwhelmed with the sadness, the emptiness, the suffering of my fellow earth dwellers. What was the point of a stupid silly blog anyway? It doesn’t make anything better. We are surrounded by evil- it sometimes feels like putting a fire out with a glass of water!
It’s been almost a year since I began this blog. I committed that I would give it a year of my best effort. I think I expected it to take off like a bird in flight. I could see how easily that could happen- if everyone I knew read it and each one of them told a friend, who would tell a friend, who would tell a friend, etc.
I did not take in to consideration that most of my friends are computer illiterate or that people are too busy to read or …….. Needless to say, I’m not famous with a huge fan base of readers. ( I have a few very faithful readers including one dear soul in Malaysia that keeps hanging on. I have no clue who it is.)
So I stopped writing for awhile. I took three weeks to go on a soul searching adventure. It’s been quite a trip! And I realized that if my blog just makes one person’s day a little better than it is worth it. Then I realized that it always makes one person’s day better- mine! And that is good enough. In fact, that is enough to keep going no matter what!
That is why I’m back. And if some of you are touched as well, that’s a bonus! That’s the few from my side of the street, what’s yours?

1 comment: