Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Blessing

I found this poem at our local senior center. I have no idea what the origin is so I apologize to the author but since tomorrow is Thanksgiving it seemed very appropriate.
Twas the night of Thanksgiving, but I just couldn’t sleep.
I tried counting backwards. I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned- the dark meat and white.
But I fought the temptation with all of my might.
Tossing and turning with my anticipation.
The thought of a snack became infatuation.
So, I raced to the kitchen and flung open the door.
I gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.
I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots, some beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling, so plump and so round,
Till all of a sudden, I rose off the ground!
I crashed through the ceiling, floating up to the sky
With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.
But I managed to yell as I soared past the trees….
Happy eating to all, pass the cranberries, please.
May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes ‘n gravy have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize,
May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs!!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all- remember moderation in all things- also that heart attacks can be brought on by eating too many fatty foods at one time!
Remember also that having a “gratitude attitude” can affect your health in positive ways. That’s the view from my side of the street, what’s yours?

1 comment: