Monday, December 27, 2010

The Star Spangled Banner

Last week a friend posted a story being told on you tube by Dudley Rutherford. He tells the story behind the writing of “The Star-Spangled Banner”. I thought that I knew the story. I only knew part of it. The entire story is something that everyone who lives in this country should know. I don’t think anyone can hear it and not change the way they think of our national anthem.
I have tried several ways of attaching/sharing it to my blog but I’m just not computer literate enough. I can pass on the address- www.youtube.com. The story behind “The Star Spangled Banner” told by Dudley Rutherford.
Taking the 10 minutes that accessing and listening to this is well worth it. I believe that it will change you. It did me. Please, please take the time to listen to the rest of the story.
As most of you know I have sons serving in the military. I have a daughter in law who may be sent over again. I am so proud of them. I’m so proud and thankful for all the sons and daughters through the years who have served so selflessly. “No greater love hath man than to lay down his life for another’s.”
Check out the story. May God bless those who serve and those who wait at home! That’s the view from my side of the street, what’s yours?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks you for the story. I knew part of it, like you said, but to hear all of it like that was amazing. It touched my heart. I shared it on facebook.

    ReplyDelete